The Surprising Skin Benefits of Nettle Leaf Powder
Antioxidants: these help reduce free radicals. Free radicals damage cells and cause ageing. (1)
Vitamin C: promotes collagen production in the skin, which keeps skin supple and flexible. (1)
- Vitamin A: is linked to eye health (1)
- Anti-Inflammatory compounds: a range of effects on the body (2) (3), and calms skin and the scalp (4)
No wonder that nettles have been a part of herbal medicine since ancient times!
If you want to use the nettles without drying them, you can put them in boiling water for a short amount of time before cooling them off in cold water, or just add the nettles directly to cooking recipes.
Nettles can be used in a variety of ways:
- Prepared in food such as soups, stews, rice, and smoothies
- As a tea, or infused in vinegar or oil
- Nettle fibres were once considered to be high quality and comparable to flax or hemp, and are much stronger than cotton. Nettle fibres were once often used for rope and string.
- Added to natural soap and skincare
Nettle Natural Soap by Clean Up Atelier
Our Nettle Natural Soap is therefore great for sensitive skin - it will nurture and calm skin and scalp. The shea butter and other plant oils help to strengthen the skin barrier and prevent moisture-loss. Shea butter is also a great moisturiser for hair, and helps to revive dry hair. This soap is a great all-rounder for skin and hair!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published